Welcome to Rochester
A perfect mix of historic and hip, this charming community offers rolling hills,an active downtown and classic architecture.
Rochester is in the northern outskirts of Metro Detroit, in northeast area of Oakland County
. It is home to a healthy mix of families and young professionals who enjoy a historic, vibrant, and thriving downtown which has been recognized as one of the best in the State of Michigan
and nationally. The downtown area boosts more than 350 shops, salons, restaurants, and professional service businesses; 85% of which are independent merchants. Downtown Rochester’s
natural beauty is attributed to the waterways that surround the city and the abundant green space. Rochester has many parks
and two winding community trails
- CNN/Money Magazine recognized Rochester’s excellent quality of life in 2009 by naming it as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live.
- Rochester was also featured by U.S. News and World Report’s “The Best Life” serious by Philip Moeller as being one of the “10 Best Places for Lifelong Learning.”
- Rochester is just minutes from Oakland University, Rochester College, and Oakland Community College. There are over 26 other major colleges and universities in southeastern Michigan.
- The City of Rochester features a historic, vibrant, and thriving downtown which has been recognized as one of the best in the State of Michigan and nationally.
- Honored by ICMA in 2010 with a “Voice of the People Award of Excellence” for have the highest service ratings for its citizens.
- Celebrated 20% population growth in the 2000 – 2010 U.S. Census.